The Pulmonary Explorations Unit in collaboration with the Neurophysiology Unit at the Lebanese Hospital Geitaoui-UMC offers ''state of the art '' monitoring tests for both Sleep and Epilepsy studies for premature , children and adult patients.
Sleep Apnea can be a cause for serious health problems. Some children can have their growth and intellectual performance affected. Over time Sleep Apnea can cause high blood pressure and lead to a higher risk of Heart Disease . Feeling Sleepy during the day , such as during work ,school or driving may generate many major problems.
In addition to this, it offers also a large spectrum of standards respiratory function tests :
- The Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) which includes :
- The Spirometry test ( Flow Volume Loop)
- The measurement of Lung Volumes
- The Single Breath test DLCO .
The PFT is a physiological test that measures how an individual inhaled or exhales volumes of Air as a function of time.
This test is helpful in :
-Evaluating Symptoms or Signs or the effect of the disease(help in differentiating pulmonary versus cardiac Etiology),
- Screening individuals at risk of having pulmonary disease (COPD...),
- Assessing Pre-operative risk,
- Monitoring Adverse reaction to drugs with known pulmonary toxicities,
- Assessing therapeutic interventions and many other issues.
2. Bronchoscopy : is a visual exam of the airways that is helpful to get specimens from the lungs (lung Biopsy , Bronchoalveolar lavage or Mucus Aspiration for Cytology and Cultures ..)
3. Interventional Bronchoscopy: Airway Stent placement (Airway Obstruction : lung Cancer , Post IntubationStenosis...), (Cryotherapy ( Lung Cancer Bleeding ...), etc.
For any information, please contact: 01-590000 ext 0200