Ever since its establishment in 1927, the Lebanese Hospital Geitaoui- UMC has been building a strong foundation for excellence in care, pioneering medical expertise and quality services, on a national and regional level. Now, the Lebanese Hospital Geitaoui - UMC is expanding this foundation through its 2020 vision. Various new facilities and services will be launched that aim to satisfy the medical needs of the Lebanese population.
This commitment to excellence springs from our determination of providing patient-centered care, regardless of race, class and religious background.
Lebanese Hospital Geitaoui - UMC’s 2020 vision not only involves the expansion of new facilities, but also the encouragement of outstanding medical education. In 2013, the Lebanese Hospital Geitaoui - UMC signed a partnership agreement with the Lebanese University- Faculty of Medicine, and acquired the status of a University Hospital. Since then, LHG-UMC’s activity has significantly increased, and continues to be a trusted and well-respected healthcare institution.
The 2020 vision of the Lebanese Hospital Geitaoui - UMC in this context aims to implement the following strategic objectives:
- Investing and expanding our facilities, allowing:
- An increase in hospital capacity to 250 beds
- The renovation and relocation of outpatient clinics
- The expansion and specialization of the intensive care capacity
- The relocation of all clinical services to the new building
- Recruit high caliber medical and paramedical professionals, in order to sustain our commitment to quality care
- Offering our patients the best diagnostic and therapeutic care through the continuous acquisition of state of the art medical equipment and technologies
- Establishment of new centers of excellence in the fields of Neurophysiology, Cardiology, Orthopedics, Bariatric surgery and Urology)
- Encourage and develop clinical and epidemiological research, under the auspices of the hospital’s Institutional Review Board.
- Improve and modernize our Hospital Information System, both at the clinical and administrative level. This will ensure efficient information exchange, easier administrative procedures and ultimately, patient safety.
- Build a pioneering Quality Management System for our medical and administrative services conforming to international standards of care and excellence in service.
- Ensure an initial and continuous training program for our professionals, adapted to their individual needs and enabling the development of their skills.
- Consolidate our status as a university hospital through the implementation and evaluation of a solid training program for the medical and nursing students.
- Reinforce and expand the partnership with the Lebanese University and other national and international healthcare institutions.