The Burn Center at Lebanese Hospital Geitaoui-UMC is the first and only burn treatment center in Lebanon.
The 10-bed facility meets stringent criteria for its qualification. It features a multidisciplinary team approach to burn care that provides comprehensive services for patients from injury through initial rehabilitation.
What sets our Burn Center apart?
- 25 years of experience in the specialty treatment of burns
- A comprehensive care approach for burn victims including outpatient care for minor burns, surgical burn treatment, reconstructive surgery and burn rehabilitation
- A multidisciplinary team of experts among the most experienced in the nation
- Implementation of best practices in burn treatment and use of aggressive treatment techniques that promote healing
- A successful outreach and education program to educate high-risk groups about burn prevention and fire safety
- Committed to research and the development of new techniques and technologies for burns
- More than 100 acute burn-injured patients admitted for treatment each year, with another 1000 treated as outpatients
- Advanced protocols for the triage, treatment, and transfer of burned patients from other facilities
The center’s multidisciplinary team is among the nation’s most experienced burn experts:
- Burn surgeons, trained in Plastic surgery with additional fellowship training in burn, trauma or critical care
- Intensive care physicians with additional training in burn trauma care
- Specialty Residents
- Nurses and nurse practitioners with special training caring for burn patients
- Burn rehabilitation specialists—occupational and physical therapists
Surgical Burn Treatment
When surgery is required, surgical burn treatment is performed in a special area within the Burn Intensive Care Unit. Reconstructive surgery and rehabilitation are available for patients in the post-acute and convalescent phases of their care, regardless of where they received treatment for their acute burns.
A team of specially trained occupational and physical therapists work with burn victims to help them regain physical function and relearn the skills of daily living.
Outreach and Educational Programming
The Burn Center manages one of the largest outreach and educational programs in the country on burn prevention, burn treatment and burn care.