At Lebanese Hospital Geitaoui-UMC, the Clinical Pharmacists work directly with physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals, and with patients to ensure that the medications prescribed contribute to the best possible health outcomes.
Through regular rounds in the hospital wards, and in close collaboration with the Pharmacy and the healthcare practitioners, they contribute to the improvement of the Quality and Safety of care.
The main activities performed by our Clinical Pharmacists are:
- Assessing the status of the patient’s health problems and determine whether the prescribed medications are optimally meeting the patient’s needs and goals of care.
- Evaluating the appropriateness and effectiveness of the patient’s medications by evaluating any medication duplication or interaction.
- Recognizing untreated health problems that could be improved or resolved with appropriate medication therapy.
- Following the patient’s progress to determine the effects of the patient’s medications on his or her health.
- Consulting with the patient’s physicians and other health care providers in selecting the medication therapy that best meets the patient’s needs and contributes effectively to the overall therapy goals.
- Advising the patient on how to best take his or her medications.
- Supporting the health care team’s efforts to educate the patient on other important steps to improve or maintain health, such as exercise, diet, and preventive steps like immunization.
- Answering all medication-related questions from preparation to administration, storage and stability that could be asked by any member of the healthcare team.