The ICU department contains 8 beds.
It has the newest technologies for an excellent quality of care.
It includes the Code Blue team and also the Inhalation team.
Inhalation Therapy team:
The Inhalation Therapy Team deals with issues of ventilation, oxygenation, breathing and circulation. They have excellent knowledge in securing airways, intubation, mechanical ventilation, invasive and non-invasive, good handling of ventilators and noninvasive pressure support machines.
The team is composed of 6 well trained and highly qualified respiratory therapists.
Code Blue Team:
The Code Blue is an emergency code that is generally used to indicate a patient requiring resuscitation or in need of an immediate medical attention most often as a result of a respiratory or cardiac arrest.
The team is comprised of 5 members who directly respond upon receiving the code blue paging:
- The Internal Medicine Resident: leader of the code blue team.
- The Anesthesia Resident: for difficult intubations or neonatal or pediatric age group intubations.
- The Surgery Resident: for any possible lifesaving surgical intervention to be performed during resuscitation.
- The Respiratory Therapist secures airway and efficient ventilation and accompanies the patient till successfully connected to the ventilator in a synchronized breathing pattern.
- The Registered Nurse in charge is directly responsible of bringing the emergency kit and giving medications as directed by the team leader.
- The Nurse Supervisor assists as necessary and ensures the correct recording of the event on the emergency response sheet.