At the Lebanese Hospital Geitaoui-UMC, we offer a large spectrum of outpatient and inpatient obstetric and gynecologic care services.
Our Obstetricians along with our experienced Midwifery team is dedicated to providing women with personalized prenatal, labor, delivery, and postpartum care.
We view education as a cornerstone of our care and promote family involvement throughout the process.
Our overall goal is to allow each mother to have a birth that best meets her individual needs‚ whether that involves a natural childbirth, a medicated childbirth or an epidural.
We are a Baby Friendly Hospital, following the international recommendations to provide parents with the best possible care to build close and loving relationships with their baby and to feed their baby in ways which will support optimum health and development. Breastfeeding initiation and success is high, thanks to our highly trained midwives.
After birth, our Midwives make sure mothers get the correct professional advice in order to adjust to their new life with the baby, and get educated on many things related to the baby’s and their own health.
Our Gynecologists offers the latest options in gynecological care for women at every age, from routine gynecological exams and screening to less invasive alternatives to gynecological surgery.
Our gynecological services include:
- routine gynecological care, (such as treatment of endometriosis, pelvic pain, sexually-transmitted diseases, the symptoms of menopause, and uterine fibroids)
- adolescent gynecology
- medical and surgical treatment of gynecologic problems
- diagnostic and operative laparoscopy
- non-surgical options for certain pathologies,
- outpatient hysteroscopic evaluation, colposcopy and LEEP procedures, cystometrogram evaluation for women with urinary incontinence,
- minimally invasive procedures for incontinence
In regards to the field of gynecology oncology, we perform advanced gynecological surgical procedures for endometrial, cervical, ovarian, and vulvar cancers, advanced gynecologic complicated surgery, and chemotherapy for gynecologic cancers.