The Department of Pediatrics at the Lebanese Hospital Geitaoui-UMC is a multidisciplinary department, whose main objectives are:
• Providing quality treatment of sick children in accordance with international care protocols,
• Providing individualized care tailored to the pathology of the child,
• Continuously update the scientific and technical knowledge of its medical staff and nurses,
• Listening and supporting the child and his parents to highlight the commitment to better care for the child.
In our department, we welcome children up to the age of 18, suffering from various diseases: surgical and medical, including those related to hematology-oncology.
The unit of pediatric hematology-oncology in the service is one of the largest in Lebanon (> 1500 admissions per year) with an increasing number of patients coming from all regions of Lebanon and the Middle East.
Several organizations are working with the hospital and the pediatric department to ensure a comfortable environment for the child and their parents.
- The Kids First association supports the Lebanese patients. It helps parents cover the costs of hospitalization not covered by third party payers.
- The Bassma association and the Karma NGO help covering the costs of hospitalization for non-Lebanese children.
- The Oumnia association ensures leisure time for children (activities, entertainment) as well as psychological support to the child, the parents and the family.
- The My School Pulse association with their teachers helps children continue their education during their hospital stay. It also offers them educational aids.
- The Toufoula association has contributed to the decoration of the service to create a comfortable environment for the child.
- The Tammana association works to transform the children's dreams into reality.
- The Wile the Clown-Lebanon association comes to visit the children once a week and organizes animations.
During the year several celebrations (Christmas Day, Children's Day, Mother's Day, Patients Day ... ) take place and help create a warm atmosphere for patients and staff.