The Noninvasive Cardiology Explorations unit at the Lebanese Hospital Geitaoui-UMC offers the full spectrum of available noninvasive explorations in cardiology, including echocardiography, Holter ECG monitoring, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring, exercise testing (both bicycle and treadmill) etc.
Each type of exploration is indicated for the detection of different type of heart conditions, for example:
- Echocardiography/ Transesophageal Echocardiography: used for the detection of heart valve diseases, cardiomyopathy and pericardial disease.
- Stress echocardiography: most often used to detect a decrease in blood flow to the heart from narrowing in the coronary arteries, and to test the proper function of the heart muscles
- ECG stress test: Early screening for coronary disease. Follow up, and guidance for the treatment of patients after coronary events (myocardial infarction, past stenting)
- MAPA (ambulatory blood pressure monitoring) and Holter ECG are used for the diagnosis of arterial hypertension and cardiac arrhythmia
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): used to record the electrical activity of the heart for the detection of abnormalities that can explain some heart problems symptoms, such as chest pain, suddenly noticeable heartbeats (palpitations), dizziness and shortness of breath. It is useful for the detection of arrhythmias , coronary heart disease ,heart attacks and cardiomyopathy.
For any information, please contact: 01-590000 ext 0040