The Gastrointestinal endoscopy unit of the Lebanese Hospital Geitaoui-UMC was first established in late 1970th has known a rapid expansion in 1987 with the introduction of sophisticated biliary & pancreatic diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy techniques. A recent renovation and expansion of the department took place in 2016 in order to improve the patient flow and experience.
State-of-the-art unit, it is operated by a specialized team relying on a solid ground of expertise:
- Two thousands diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies a year with continuous enhancement of the quality and safety of care,
- High-end equipment with routine checking and maintenance by a highly qualified personnel,
- A highly specialized team of doctors, nursing staff and associates with high standards in professional and ethical conduct
Common procedures performed include:
- Advanced biliary and pancreatic wall stent deployment, sphincterotomy and stones extraction,
- Biliary manometry,
- Esophageal manometry,
- PH study with impedance,
- Esophageal stent placement,
- Dilatation for achalasia,
- Sclerotherapy and band ligation of varices,
- Heat probe photocoagulation (ERBE),
- PEG (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy) ,
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy.