The Hypertension center has opened in Lebanese Hospital Geitaoui UMC in March 2015 in coordination with Professor Roland Asmar.
The management of Hypertension & Vascular Diseases relies on the following principles:
- A multidisciplinary approach for effective disease management.
- Team based strategies leading to a potential method for improvement of antihypertensive treatment.
Within the hospital, the hypertension center interacts with the following divisions to provide the best quality of care:
- Intensive care
- Vascular surgery
- Angiography (including angioplasty with stenting)
- Clinical chemistry (including special tests for diagnosis of secondary forms of hypertension)
The specific tasks for each the hypertension center are:
- to provide the best possible clinical management of patients with high blood pressure;
- to set standards in the diagnostics and treatment of hypertension;
- to evaluate and improve BP control for primary care, specialists and hypertension centers;
- to offer continuing medical education opportunities
- to carry out research represented by papers in peer-reviewed international or local scientific journals;
- to cooperate with other ESH Hypertension Excellence Centers;
- to cooperate with the ESH Scientific Council.
The opening of the Hypertension Center in the Lebanese Hospital Geitaoui UMC has contributed to:
- A higher healthcare quality based on international standards and guidelines in the field.
- The academic role of the hospital,
- The hospital alignment to Accreditations requirements including the existence of excellence center(s).
- Growing up the hospital International network as the hypertension center requires the cooperation with other excellency centers and scientific councils.
For more information, kindly contact the Hypertension center on 01-590000 Ext 8895.