· Educate hospital personnel relative to principle of infection prevention and control
· Review and evaluate all aseptic, isolation and sanitation techniques employed in hospital, and their compliance with the National Accreditation as well as the JCI standards
· Perform audits and conduct daily inspection rounds to ensure compliance of practices to adopted infection prevention procedures and program
· Detect and investigate early hospital acquired infections, under the supervision of the Quality and Patient Safety Department.
· Interact with physicians, nurses, department managers, supervisors, occupational health and other staff members to provide resource information, resolve infection control problems, and identify new opportunities to improve service and reduce costs
· Develop and enforce effectual policies and procedures for the department and hospital that ensures compliance with national and international standards of practice, in line with Evidence Based Practice
· Participate in preparing reports and statistical data for the infection prevention and control committee under the supervision of the Quality and Patient Safety Department.
· Participate in investigations regarding acquired infection cases and outbreaks under the supervision of the Quality and Patient Safety Department.
· Overview the performance of environmental services in the hospital and its cleanliness and their conformity to infection prevention and control procedures. Manage complaints relative to environmental services in collaboration and coordination with the biocleaning company’s site manager and officers.
- Follow up on pre-employement tests, vaccinations and all medical routine tests for staff (Occupational Health & Safety)
· Overview the waste management activity and monitor its conformity to infection prevention and control procedures, in collaboration and coordination with the concerned parties.
Knowledge of principles and practices in healthcare field with emphasis on infection control.
Prior experience of infection prevention and control is a must.
Strong command of Arabic, French and English
Proficient use of Microsoft Office Applications and other software needed by the job.
Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or health related field. Master's Degree in hygiene/infection control/ microbiology is preferred.